Sunday, October 31, 2010

Links of the Day (October 31, 2010)

  • Here's a look at all 24 of Rajon Rondo's assists on Friday against the Knicks. At 1:15 and 2:00 of the video, you can see the double screen set I mentioned in the fourth bullet point of my game recap. By the way, a lot of folks are mentioning that Rondo was the beneficiary of a generous scorekeeper; by my count, there were four I wouldn't have given him. Still a pretty strong night distributing the basketball. (A/S MrTripleDouble10 from Red's Army for the vid.)
  • Yet another reason I love Rondo: At the end of that video, Celtics sideline reporter Greg Dickerson interviews Rondo. The first question: "Why were you so effective in distributing the basketball tonight?" Rondo's response: "To who -- them or us?" The dude gets it.
  • Big Baby singing "Tik Tok" = too funny not to repost.
  • One thing I really like about the proliferation of blogs and other "new media" is that you see a lot of interviews and conversations with folks you wouldn't otherwise get to see. With regards to basketball, I particularly enjoy reading interviews of basketball writers. It would be weird, I think, to read about Bob Ryan interviewing Jackie MacMullan. But when Celtics Blog's Jeff Clark does it, it seems right.
  • ESPN.com has a nice article that discusses the NBA's oversight of its officials.
  • I think it's too early to panic about Houston's 0-3 start, but I do agree with J.A. Adande: If you're going to limit Yao to 24 minutes per game, you need to use him more during those 24 minutes.

2 comments:

the godfather said...

Remind me to introduce you to Jeff Clark at my wedding. He'll be there.

H.S. Slam, Ph.D said...

No reminder needed; I was going to make a point to bug you about it.