Saturday, October 9, 2010

Links of the Day (I'm Guessing It Was Pepperoni Edition)

  • Tommy Heinsohn breaks down Boston's transition game against Philadelphia while eating a slice of pizza.
  • Considering sports non-fiction is basically the only genre I read for pleasure these days and my family is always hassling me about a Christmas list, I figured I'd share this list of basketball books being released this year, courtesy of The Painted Area. The Free Darko book is particularly intriguing; The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac was really great and I expect this one to be equally good. I've generally resisted the advanced stats movement, but it's part of the dialog about the game now, so I may just pick up the Basketball Prospectus, as well. And the Whelliston book is right in the wheelhouse of stuff I like.
  • Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Doc may stick around after this year. It doesn't seem like something worth talking about at the moment, but it's bound to get mentioned here and there.

No comments: