Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ex-Celtic Puts the "Slam" in Poetry Slam

I'm not a Twitterer (erererererer), at least not yet. But I am an avid follower of NBA blogs, and the folks over at The Baseline have a daily collection of the best tweets from NBA-related accounts.

Yesterday, this one popped up:

"Rainy day for a leaf must feel like thanksgiving-eyes 2 big for your stomach/food stuffed in your face/to much to absorb/weighted down/sleep. ... Just saw a rain drop use a leaf as a diving board/or was the a leaf breaking it's fall...whatever the result it was a moment of connection."

The perpetrat--, er, author of this verse? Rick Fox, my least favorite Celtic of my lifetime (though another full season of Tony Allen may well change that).

I was going to compare these lines to some of those of noted bad poet and Orlando Magic victory cigar J.J. Redick, but my literary criticism skills are rusty, and the only reason I even took notice here was to make fun of Fox -- a pursuit I am sure many of my fellow Celtics fans can appreciate and perhaps join in.

Mock away.

No comments: