Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Muy Beno: A Rhymes With Hondo Production

Earlier, I introduced TMJF, billed as the first of two new features of RwH. Here's the second.
In addition to being a (slightly) clever pun on the Spanish phrase for "very good," the name "Muy Beno" is an homage to the Slovenian point guard for the Sacramento Kings, Beno Udrih. Phonetics are not my thing, but his name is roughly pronounced BAY-noh OOH-drick.

As a lover of basketball and an occasional bed-partner of writing and, above all, a person who values his opinion on the subject of basketball extremely highly, I've been thinking for a while now that I wanted to start an NBA blog and name it "Muy Beno" -- a mildly clever Spanish language pun and an homage to Beno Udrih, the Slovenian point guard for the Sacramento Kings. However, as the reader of my college basketball blog knows, more than one writing project at this stage in my life is too many, and only one gets my full attention. Combine this with the fact that I can hardly seem to keep this blog barely presentable in terms of graphics and updated links, and a separate NBA blog just doesn't seem plausible. So I've expanded the scope of this blog to include non-Celtics NBA musings, starting now.

This initial installment has just a few light items of interest, culled from the way-too-many NBA blogs I subscribe to in Google reader.

-First, rumor is that Sasha Vujacic is dating Maria Sharapova. (I'm not linking to a picture because my head is spinning with all the options to choose from. Plus, my Mom reads this blog.) Regardless of what Adam Levine may or may not have said about her, this is a grave injustice. Sasha may have a new haircut, but Maria deserves to be with someone who can play some D. Hasn't she seen this?

-Drew Gooden of the Dallas Mavericks has been accused of using a homophobic slur in a verbal battle with some hecklers in Los Angeles, and one of the alleged heckler-slash-victims is actor Chris Wylde. Fellow American University alums (circa the mid-to-late 1990s) know him better as Chris Noll.

No comments: