Sunday, November 29, 2009

Boston 116, Toronto 103

[recap] [box score]

This game happened Friday. Posts to this blog may come in delayed and abbreviated form over the next few weeks, as I buckle down and study for finals.

The Raptors are awful defensively. I had been told how awful, and yet, when I watched the game, I was taken by surprise at how true the assessment was. After two turnovers, a missed layup, and a Ray Allen jumper on their first four possessions, the Celtics scored on the next seven trips down the court. Each one of those buckets was a layup. Not a little bunny shot in the post, but a layup off a drive or a drive and a pass. My only issues with the offense were too many turnovers and that we didn't devote the whole game to dribble penetration. The second team was most guilty of that; then again, the second team doesn't have a lot of guys take the ball to the basket.

No comments: