Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boston 122, Washington 88

A sloppy third quarter on both ends made this far from a perfect outing, but this one wasn't ever in doubt.

[recap] [box score]

Not too much to say here, really. Washington is really bad right now. Everyone played well for us. The bomb squad saw extended minutes, and I loved Patrick O'Bryant's sweeping hook, Gabe Pruitt's jumper, and Glen Davis' 17-footer moving left while coming off a screen on an inbounds play (no idea where that one came from).

About the only thing to complain about is that Paul Pierce in a game we won by 34, but we just had three days off and I guess I don't mind that much. We needed him out there to start the fourth, anyway, as we had let the Wizards back to within striking distance.

Hosting New Orleans tomorrow night (8 p.m. Eastern, ESPN). The return of James Posey should be interesting. He'll get his ring in a small ceremony before the game, but knowing Posey and knowing the Celtics, this one will be extra intense.

-Got the current All-Star voting results in my e-mail inbox today, and the biggest outrage to me is not that Rajon Rondo has fewer votes than Washington's Gilbert Arenas, despite the fact that Agent Zero hasn't played this year. It's that Philly's Samuel Dalembert is second among Eastern Conference centers in votes, behind Dwight Howard. Dalembert is single-handedly killing one of my fantasy teams -- and to think, I could have had Emeka Okafor -- and if he makes the All-Star team, I'll take it as a personal insult.

No comments: