Monday, May 3, 2010

ESPN steals my idea (plus Game 2 tonight)

Loaded up ESPN this morning, and this is what I see. (I am not at all photo-savvy, so apologies for the tiny picture and the MSPaint-ness of it.) If you can't quite tell what's going on, it's a picture of LeBron James above the headline "Rhymes With Royalty." The story's about James gushing about Akron and the increasingly overwhelming probability that he'll remain a Cav this offseason.

Whatever. C'mon, ESPN; not even a hat tip?

Game 2 is tonight in Cleveland (8 p.m. Eastern, TNT). I don't have time to really talk about Game 1, but my thoughts can be summed up in two points. First, the closeness of the game suggests to me that we have a chance in this series. Second, the fact that we have a chance in this series means that letting this one slip through our fingers hurts that much more.

Let's keep the goal in mind, though. The mission is to win the series. To win the series, we need to do two things: Win three games at home, and win one in Cleveland. The former is hardly a given, particularly the way we've played in Boston this year, but if we can't hold serve at TD Garden, then how we play in Cleveland is immaterial. We've got up to three more chances to win on the road in this series. Tonight's one of them. I'd like to get this one, but I won't panic if we don't.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

How 'bout them Celtics?!?!