Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Boston 104, Cleveland 86

[recap] [box score]

I caught only the fourth quarter of Game 2, which means I missed most of the good stuff and only saw the Celtics come closer than anyone would have liked to blowing a 25-point lead in nine minutes. I'm pretty sure Cleveland never actually got closer than ten, but an Antawn Jamison jumper nearly made it seven and it was really starting to look like the Cs weren't going to get a call or make a bucket at all the rest of the way. But Pierce exploited a mismatch with Mo Williams for a bucket and things seemed to get easier from there.

I've had a few people say to me things along the lines of "It should be 2-0," referencing the fact that Boston blew a double-digit halftime lead in Game 1. While it's undoubtedly true that the Cs should have won the first game of the series, I have to doubt that Cleveland would have been as flat as it was for most of Game 2 if they had been in danger of falling into a 2-0 hole after two games in Cleveland.

The series now moves back to Boston, which usually would be a comforting thing. I say "usually" because this hasn't been a usual year. The Celtics were actually two games better on the road than at home during the regular season, making them the only playoff team with a better home record than road record, and the only NBA team this season, other than Philadelphia, to win more away games than games in its own barn. Things looked a bit better once the second half of Game 1 against Miami started, so hopefully we can keep that going.

Game's on Friday on ESPN (7 p.m. Eastern tip). I don't have another exam until Monday, so hopefully I'll have some more X-and-O related stuff after that one. For the last several weeks, I haven't been telling you much of anything you don't already know. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: