Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RwH on Twitter

I'm a little slow to adapt to new fads and technologies. I'm not exactly a Luddite, nor am I like the elderly relatives you have who don't know how to check their email. But put it this way: I didn't get my first cell phone until 2003, and only then because my roommates didn't want to pay for a land line.

I thought about starting a Rhymes With Hondo Twitter account at the beginning of this season, but I couldn't think of a single thing I would post or a single reason anyone would follow me. I still can't comprehend the latter point, really, but during the week or so leading up to the trade deadline -- when rumor after rumor swirled about Ray Allen -- I thought it might be helpful to have a way of getting the word out without writing a whole new post. The Eddie House-for-Nate Robinson deal, for example, was rumored for a couple of days before the two teams agreed to it; I waited until it was official before posting about it.

Of course, the trade deadline has already passed. So I thought I'd try a different idea out: A RwH Twitter liveblog of a Celtics game. The idea would be that I would watch the game and post allegedly funny and insightful comments from time to time, to which readers, who were also watching the game, would post funnier and more insightful comments. Sounds like a grand old time, doesn't it?

This won't be any fun unless I get a few followers on Twitter who will participate. Our next national broadcast is Thursday against the Cavs, but that's not enough time to drum up interest, and I have class and will have to watch on tape delay anyway. So I'm shooting for Sunday, March 7, against the Wizards (8 p.m. Eastern, ESPN). If I don't get too many followers, I'll scrap the liveblog idea and come up with something else.

I haven't the slightest idea how to link to something that leads you to sign up to follow me on Twitter. Hopefully, if you use it, you know how to do this. My Twitter account name is ... RhymesWithHondo. Obviously.




No comments: