Saturday, January 2, 2010

No KG for Wednesday, Longer

So, in my last post I mentioned that I thought-slant-hoped that Kevin Garnett would be back in the Celtics' lineup against the Heat on Wednesday. I then hopped over to ESPN.com and read this article, which says Garnett is likely to miss at least the next ten days.

"There is some history with hyperextended knees that we kind of know that it takes at least two weeks, sometimes three. We know it won't be longer than that, but we don't know how quickly," says Doc Rivers, according to the article.

Celtics fans will be forgiven if they are skeptical. How often we were told last year that KG was coming back?

I, for one, believe Doc this time around. Fool me once, and I'll give you a second chance, because I'll give you credit for not having the audacity to pull the same trick again. (It helps that there's no indication that KG's injury is anything more than they say it is -- a hyperextension of his surgically-repaired knee caused by a couple of kicks to it.)

Updating other injures, the same article reports that Rivers said Rajon Rondo is likely to play on Wednesday, while Paul Pierce is basically a coin flip at this point.

No comments: