Friday, December 11, 2009

Boston 104, Washington 102

[recap] [box score]

This game probably deserves more coverage than I'm going to give it. Here's my summar: Awesome first half; terrible third quarter where we looked disorganized and got absolutely no help from the officials; and then a better performance in the fourth quarter, where I never really felt we were in danger of losing, even though the score was tied.

Rajon Rondo played as aggressively as I've ever seen him play. His 20 FG attempts were as many as he's ever taken in a regular season game (matching his high game from last year against Miami). He took a mix of jumpers and drives, and hit enough that I think teams will at least start to think twice about completely ignoring him, particularly if he continues to take advantage of these opportunities. He picked it up on a night when Paul Pierce couldn't seem to get going, which is exactly the time we need it. Oh yeah, and he had an awesome jam over Andray Blatche late that I surprisingly can't find video of. I can, however, find video (it's at the end) of Ray Allen dunking over Blatche, which means that Andray may be the first player in history to get posterized by Allen and Rondo in the same game.

Just because I can't resist a dig at Gilbert Arenas: Agent Zero went 1-for-6 from the line, and missed two big FTs that would have tied the game with like 26 seconds left.

Fun stat: In the entire second quarter, not a single Wizard got a rebound.

Sorry I can't write more, gang, although perhaps brevity is best for you all. Next game is Saturday.

No comments: